It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Cold weather jacket
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:14 pm 
The New Guy

I need to buy some cold weather jacket in future and since none of my friends do not have any military oriented cold weather jackets (the extreme one's) i decided to ask from there if any of you have some experience (good or bad) from these. Or you have something else to recommend for me.

I am basically looking for jacket that is extremely warm and fits over all my equipment (PC) so i can warm up with in it and use it for example in vehicle transportation's and other more static kind of situations. I have already find out three jackets that could do the job which are listed below. I have not find any good reviews or experiences about any of those.

NFM ECW Jacket I dont know where to buy this one or how much this even cost. All i know that NFM is very expensive manufacturer, so i quess its around 500 euros.

Carinthia ECIG 3.0 Seems there is new version of this one. I find one youtube review from the old one, but the guy in the video said that he was not able to test out the jacket in really cold yet.

WTG Transport Parka FR FR model because i would like to have the jacket in some "universal" color like Coyote, rather than in multicam.

And about the budget, well i don't really have one. I always try to find the gear that fits my needs best and then get the money for it. Since i am poor man and poor people cannot afford shit.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Cold weather jacket
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:44 pm 
Earning his keep

If you don't need FR you can also buy Wild Things in Coyote non-FR version.

GARM ECW is basically the same as HIG - I don't know the current status of the manufacturing but NFM used to outsource the ECW in Carinthia :) They are both G-loft insulated.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:13 pm 
I can't work for assholes

The NFM Extreme Cold Weather Jacket is available in Norway for roughly €300.
An extremely good piece of kit. And yes, manufactured by Carinthia.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:18 pm 
The New Guy

Do you know any site where i could buy it other than Norway. And do the shop in Norway ship worldwide? I know few places where i could get it as special order but because i am not 100% sure about the size since it should fit over the plate carrier i would like to order it as a normal item so i could have returning possibility (change the size). Somehow i like more NFM version of the jacket than the Carinthia one. It doesn't have that much pockets but its coyote and at least it looks better in pictures :D Does anybody have experience with some of these three or something similar to share. Something that you use over your gear to keep yourself warm?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:06 pm 
The New Guy

Wild things parka 1.0 is designed to go over kit and I can tell you is really warm with some water repellency but not FR which may be a concern for vehicle ops. The MASSIF pill lined soft shell is quite warm as well plus FR. They are more a close fit for effective thermal properties so you'd need your rig under it.

Offline Profile