It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Magpul MS1 Slings headache
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:43 am 
The New Guy

Hello, guys! Thanks for reading!

This is mainly a topic to see if I'm doing something retarded and if there are others like me.

I currently run 2 type of slings:
1. The Magpul MS1 (which I wear under my chest-rig)
2. The classic 2 point ak sling.

I noticed something - I wear roughly the same gear every time. In about 15-20 minutes after I take my equipment off, a freakin horrible headache kicks in, if I've been using the MS1. Doesn't happen with the standard 2 point worn above chest rig, or if I don't use a sling at all.

Is there any chance that an improperly worn sling presses on some vein and affects brain irrigation or something? I know there's a good chance I'm doing something stupid (or just being a wuss, LOL), but I want to correct things.

Is this happening to anyone else? Many thanks in advance for your input!

1. I'm not performing too well, I need a scope and red dot. 2. I need more rails on my rifle! 3. I need full MOLLE equipment to carry lots of stuff. 4. All this shit is heavy, I need a light no-BS setup! 5. Back to step 1.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Magpul MS1 Slings headache
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:58 am 
Not completely useless

Not really an expert in slings but hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gitt3TdFYGw

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:13 pm 
The New Guy

That's basically how I wear it too. Need to specify, I wear it as 1 point.

1. I'm not performing too well, I need a scope and red dot. 2. I need more rails on my rifle! 3. I need full MOLLE equipment to carry lots of stuff. 4. All this shit is heavy, I need a light no-BS setup! 5. Back to step 1.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 8:00 pm 
I can't work for assholes

The only retarded thing I can think of is that you wear your sling under your chestrig? How the hell does that even work?

If you cannot feel it pinching something, then it might just be a freak occurrence related to some other physiological stuff...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:36 pm 

If you have to ask if you did, or doing something retarded chance is the answer is yes. And I'm with essal that putting your sling under your vest/plate carrier etc is totally retarded. How in the heck will you be able to make smooth transitions from dominating side to your support side and visa versa? And how will you be able to put your weapon in different retention points if needed? But if it works for you I would just say keep airsofting away retarded style.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:29 am 
The New Guy

Sine Pari wrote:
If you have to ask if you did, or doing something retarded chance is the answer is yes. And I'm with essal that putting your sling under your vest/plate carrier etc is totally retarded. How in the heck will you be able to make smooth transitions from dominating side to your support side and visa versa? And how will you be able to put your weapon in different retention points if needed? But if it works for you I would just say keep airsofting away retarded style.

I actually laughed my ass off, reading that last line, I'll have someone take a pic when possible. However, I'm gonna put it over the rig next time, see if that does the trick.

Thanks for the input, guys :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:49 pm 
The New Guy

Not having a dig, but why did you put your sling under your gear? I've never ever seen anybody do that; even amongst airsofters or other remfs like myself who don't have a clue about weapons/gear.

I'm pretty sure you'll notice an improvement once that unintentional-tourniquet is sorted out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:03 pm 
The New Guy

CKinnerley wrote:
Not having a dig, but why did you put your sling under your gear? I've never ever seen anybody do that; even amongst airsofters or other remfs like myself who don't have a clue about weapons/gear.

I'm pretty sure you'll notice an improvement once that unintentional-tourniquet is sorted out.

Mainly because I don't want it interfering with comms cable. And the sling swivel is getting out properly, since it's a chest rig, not a vest.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:02 am 

Still retarded, regardless if it is a PC, vest, chest rig, or what so ever. Tape your cables/wires down. It is not like you have to make a tactical, practical movement from one side to the other with them anyhow. I for one rather have a good working weapon and not being able to communicate, then having a functional radio (and wires) but not able to communicate cause I'm dead. That would just be retarded.

Offline Profile