It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 5:36 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: In search for a bag for my camera
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:38 pm 
Quite OK actually

Hi,

I changed recently my camera for a Nikon D5100 and I wanted a new bag for it. My old one is getting tired and I'ld like something a little more solid.
Something that is milspec would be the best as the camera will go on business in some hotshit places like Africa or Afghanistan within the coming years.

I'm looking for a grab bag that is padded enough to protect the thing and where I can store safely the camera without disassemblying it and with it accessories (another optic, cleaning gear, SD cards). If it can also store a 10" eepc it would be the best, but if already does what I describe above that will definetly suit me.

I like alot my Mayflower grab bag but it is not padded even though it can take everything I need.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: In search for a bag for my camera
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm 
I can't work for assholes

How about a Hazard4 EVAC Photo Recon bag?
Coincidentally, I'm thinking about selling mine...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:06 pm 
Quite OK actually

Interesting. It seems a bit too bulcky for me, but a local shop has some Hazard4 gear I'll try to give it a look there at the size to check.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:28 am 
Part of the furniture

What kind of glass are you currently using and planning on bringing with you? Also, what bag are you currently using so we don't recommend it to you again?

Cheers,
Vic

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman." -Thomas Paine

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:52 pm 
Quite OK actually

Hi,

sorry to be late.

Pkekyo : I tried the Hazard4 pack at the shop and it's too bulcky for me.

Piano Black : I used a no-brand bag that came with my previous camera. Something totally civilian.
Regarding the glass, there's only two 18-105mm (one for spare) that will come alone. I don't think I'll use larger optics as those do the job perfectly.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:56 pm 
Part of the furniture

That's actually the glass that I'm using with my D5100. I only have one of them though. I'm using a Lowepro Adventura TLZ25 to hold the camera body, attached lens, charger, spare battery, and spare memory card. I've been thinking about perhaps the Hazard 4 Forward Observer Case as it has a bit more padding, but that's an after thought.

You could purchase a padded lens case such as many of the Lowepro products out there, or a hardshell padded case like a Beta Shell and stick it into a Nalgene bottle pouch attached to the molle on the side of the H4 Forward Observer.

Also, there's nothing to say that you couldn't use your go bad and use padded cases inside of it.

-Vic

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman." -Thomas Paine

Offline Profile