It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Crye Suspenders?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:07 am 
Not completely useless

Looking at getting a a MOLLE belt set-up and thought the Crye suspenders looked cool. Was wondering what your guys impressions of them are?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Crye Suspenders?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:12 am 
I can't work for assholes

Honestly, as long as you have a good belt and you dont run a ton of stuff on the belt you will be fine without suspenders.

Blog: http://www.dnkholdings.net/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:14 am 
Earning his keep

However if you do and want suspenders the Crye ones are actually a very good bang for the buck. Mine ran $20 and worked, but I only used them briefly. Even with a ton of stuff on my belt I never needed them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 pm 
Not completely useless

My belt usually doesn't slide down or anything because I'm running a good belt (EI Duty Belt w/o pad) it's just that I lack the "girth" to hold the belt in place so it will spin around when I run or whatever, and I figured a nice pair of low-pro suspenders would solve this issue.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:50 am 
Not completely useless

A good belt pad can prevent the rotation of your belt as well as adding a bit of girth. I cannot fail to mention that a pad will, for obvious reasons increase the comfort of wearing the belt. Through my experience, I have not noticed that suspenders decrease the rotation of my belt. However, adding a pad, like I said, and adjusting your belt to fit you well will keep it from rotating.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:50 pm 
Not completely useless

For comfort I love the crye suspenders... remember they are designed for use under armour!!
if you want something in multicam checkout UKtactical.com they also have a slightly more heavy duty molle suspender which will work with or without armourand a slim multi use version.
great kit and milspec work well with crye kit as uses texcel webbing throughout!
top value for money!!

http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/copy ... ss_MC.html
http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/Elit ... rness.html
http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/copy ... ss_MC.html

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:06 am 
Part of the furniture

I don't like the Crye suspenders for some odd reason...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:43 pm 
Not completely useless

That's not terribly helpful Kong...I'd imagine you could come up with something specific you don't like. Alternatively, could you suggest a different set of suspenders that you do like or would recommend?

I currently have the HSGI suspenders, they're nice enough and does the job it's supposed to. I've been wearing them for 3-4 years of airsofting and I still haven't been able to get them adjusted quite right to both be comfortable and keep my belt rig level (my belt set-up deserves a lot of the blame for that though).

I too am skinny, 6' - 150lbs, with no real hips for a belt to ride on. I don't have the problem with the belt spinning, like the OP, but I do have a problem with it dropping down due to my lack if hips and the subloads I generally run with.

Edit: This is neither a recommendation for or again the HSGI option. I was merely stating my experience, I actually have an interest in the Crye option as a potentially better alternative for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:46 pm 
Part of the furniture

:roll: Wasn't meant to be... Just stating my opinion.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:24 pm 
Quite OK actually

well mr_kong why dont you just write +1 then ?

Iv been wearing the Crye suspenders under my JPC without any problems and it stables my blastbelt fine .. I have however not tried any other version but im more than satisfied with the Crye's.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:37 pm 
Part of the furniture

"-1"

The BFG suspenders look promising

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:51 pm 

If you do not like them, what is that you do not like?
Do they fit ok? Are you able to adjust them to fit? Do they dig into your shoulders? Does the material snag? Does it make up molle space? Do they flip when used? Are they too thin or thick? Do they look ugly?

So as an example, I'd write something like "I do not like the Crye suspenders because they do not fit my body, and they flip around when used, causing some pain around my shoulders".

"Odd reason" means that there is a reason, and we are interested in knowing what that reason is.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:16 am 

well maybe I can offer some assistance from the Leo side. I wear alotta shit on my belt and it's all leather so that just doubles the weight. but I've alway wandered why alotta mil guys don't go with how we solve these problelms. an inner belt lined with loop Velcro and an outter belt lined with hook. this plus keepers that attach outter to inner. I have a custom made jones tactical inner riggers belt. I weave this in pants and can since down nicely as needed. I then add my 25+ pound duty belt with 6 keepers. the Velcro eliminates twist and aids in keeping it up. the keepers then do most of the lifting.

can anyone shed why mil doesn't normally go this route? not saying best just obviously works for thousands of cops for decades...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:18 am 
Not completely useless

Interestingly, the platatac 3s System has just gone down the inner belt velcro route,
i really like it.
shall post an image shortly and include the UK tactical Molle yoke for the discussion!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:53 pm 
The New Guy

I don't quite understand the suspenders thing. I'm pretty skinny and don't really have hips for a belt to ride on and have to wear it pretty high. However, my problem isn't that my belt sags, it's that when I run or go prone, my belt tends to ride up and end up bouncing around right under my PC. Do suspenders help with this? I can't imagine how.

Offline Profile