It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 4:24 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: LBT 9022B Question
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:05 am 
The New Guy

Does the London Bridge Trading 9022B pouch have an insert in it like the Blue Force Gear Trauma Kit? Or do you have to attach your pull tab yourself to a ziplock bag as seen here?

pic taken from kyledefoor.com

Does anyone have one? How do you like it?

Thank You,
lanman

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: LBT 9022B Question
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:42 am 
Earning his keep

There is nothing inside. Its intended to be mounted with the opening facing down so gravity feeds you your medical kit, there is not exactly a good place to connect your trauma kit to on the pull cord as that is not intended, nor is it atttached in that image.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:50 pm 
The New Guy

Alright, I wont be getting that one then.
Thanks

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:19 am 
Earning his keep

how exactly does it work then?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:26 am 
Earning his keep

The pull tab keeps the kit closed. You custom build your trauma kit in a sealed baggy. Then when you pull the tab, the kit drops out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:25 am 
Earning his keep

Actually it was originally designed to be used with TQS blow out kit, but now LBT sells it outside of their TQS contract so you can build your own kit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:46 pm 
The New Guy

Well, this thing has kind of grown on me. The BFG Trauma Kit just looks too bulky for what I want and need. I just ordered one of these 9022B's in Multicam. I'll post some pics once it arrives, for anyone interested.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:14 pm 
Earning his keep

Don't try and fit too much in there otherwise it starts getting really bulky. I've cut down my IFAK to just Quikclot, HALO seals, NPA, and decomp needle. Don't expect it to fit as much as the blue force gear pouch. I had to remove all the gauze, dressing from mine because it got too bulky.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:46 pm 
Earning his keep

how much is it from LBT?

and patriot, what about adding a z-pak? its packaged pretty flat.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:52 am 
Earning his keep

I did have a Z-pack in there but still made it a bit thick around 3". I would say an 2 inches of expansion of the pouch is as far as I would go. Not too much room to load everything so definitely not a replacement for the larger IFAKs like the Eagle or the Blue force gear

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:07 am 
Earning his keep

how much is it from LBT including shipping?

i was looking at the SO Tech VIPER flat ifak, but its almost $100. but if the 9022 cant hold what i have in my BOK (QC, izzy, gloves, halo, npa, ARS, and 2 H&Hs), then ill just get the viper.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:49 am 
Quite OK actually

Just go on the LBT website and type in "9022" and find out for yourself. I'll just post a link.

Special Price: $57.46

http://lbtinc.com/modular-small-blow-ou ... uch-1.html

Call LBT if you want it in any other colour, the only ones they have listed are Multicam and Black.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:52 am 
Earning his keep

Hmmmm, I looked in my email and couldn't find the quote from they sent me but of course it was a year ago. :lol:

If I remember it was $40 for the pouch + maybe 9 bucks for shipping via UPS ground. Of course I had other things ordered at the same time. Not too sure on the price. Best to call LBT.

I'm sure everything you have listed can fit with either 1 israeli or two H&H's maybe having both would be too much. If you plan on belt mounting it you can definitely feel a giant lump hanging off of you if you have too much in there but I feel mounting it to a carrier could be ok. Vacuum sealing your IFAK contents would also be ideal if you have a lot of stuff.

Edit: $57 dollars now? Definitely paid less than that. :shock:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:02 pm 
Earning his keep

If you go into the shop the everyday joe price is right around $62. They claim its because they have to pay royalties to TQS for each one sold, as TQS holds part (or all) of the patent on the pouch.

But then again I've never paid full price for LBT.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:19 pm 
The New Guy

Here's a review of the 9022 that I posted on another forum:

Recently, I began to re-evaluate how I carry my medical equipment. I had decided that I wanted at least an IFAK on my first line for those occasions when I wasn’t wearing my armor (such as running the line at our range, etc).
We tend to do a lot of vehicle assaults and buy/busts deploying from unmarked vehicles, so I needed to find an IFAK pouch that was compatible with being seated in a vehicle (sedan or SUV).

Originally, I began running a BFG Trauma Kit NOW at the 4-5 o’clock position behind my pistol on my warbelt. I found that the TKN was a little too “tall” to be belt mounted (especially with a TQ strapped to the top), and “flopped” around too much for me. I then began to run an ATS small medical pouch, however this pouch was too “deep” and not wide enough, making it uncomfortable and awkward to sit.

Recently, I learned of Tier One Quality Solutions through the tourniquet topic posted in the Tac Med Forum.

When browsing their website I saw their “Comprehensive Trauma Kit”

Comprehensive Trauma Kit

and was intrigued. I did not need any of the supplies for an IFAK, just the pouch. I spoke with Paul Ekoniak via email, who was able to provide me the pouch only, at the .GOV rate.

Essentially, the CTK is a London Bridge 9022 IFAK pouch (I believe they are made by LBT for TQS).

LBT-9022

This pouch is designed as an open-bottomed pouch which allows the user to remove the contents downward when the pouch is opened, and is designed to be worn in the small of the back.

The pouch is very compact, and is only 2” deep when stocked. The tag end of the tab can be stowed out of the way under elastic that is on the pouch’s face.

The pouch can either be mounted traditional belt loops, or via MOLLE webbing.

It is secured shut by a pull tab that is laced through loops on both the front and rear face.

The pull tab pulls completely free of the pouch, allowing the contents to be removed.

I was easily able to stock the kit with an Israeli dressing, combat gauze, a z-pak dressing, (2) 14ga catheters, an NPA, (2) occlusive dressings, and a roll of duct tape. As tourniquets are mounted elsewhere on my kit, I don’t have one in this pouch.

If you’re looking for a low-profile IFAK to wear on your first line, this is definitely an item you should be giving consideration to!

Andy

Offline Profile