It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: opinion of best med bag on market
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:31 am 
About as useful as a bucket of spit

I have deployed to helmand province and used the TSSI m9 bag on over 200 foot mobile patrols, just curious if anyone thinks there is a better piece of gear out there

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: opinion of best med bag on market
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:43 am 
The New Guy

Hi doc!

What's about the ILBE Corpsman pack? It's issued also? or it's changed to M9?

My op: The M9 is the best!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:47 am 
Earning his keep

The Mystery Ranch Rats pack is a clear cut, no BS pack. You can see what you need right away and pull it out.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:45 am 
Not completely useless

For a medic I'd say the M9 is perfect for portability, but you are sort of limited in your carriage as it is so small. I wish I knew someone who could make gear to my specification because I've got some ideas for an aid bag that would be freaking awesome.

For a premade kit for someone who isn't a medic, I'd say TacMed's R-Aid bag is one of the best I've seen.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/r-aid-bag-mark2.html

Great for CLS guys.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:17 am 
Quite OK actually

Hi guys,

Sorry for this bump out of nowhere, but I'm actually need some help.

I'm looking for a medic bag, as I don't know what bag tier 1 medics actually wear, I must find a medic bag myself... everyone according to say that the TSSI m9 is a great bag. Some Navy corpsman, SOF 18D use it, sometimes it's a blackhawk stomp II... I personally don't like the stomp II, too big for an assault mission IMO. What about SO tech medic bags? they look decent...

What about casualty bags? they seem to be large enough to put the vital stuff in while you're not carrying an heavy weight.

I'm a nurse in real life, so I have a little experience with medic bags, but the one issued to my hospital is...."not a good idea" for a tactical loadout..

Any advices or experiences with one medic bag or another is welcome! Especially 18D opinions ^^

Thank you guys

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:20 am 
I can't work for assholes

stomps are good bags for carrying alota stuff. but for having everything sorted and in front of you, the M9 is a good bag....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:12 am 
Quite OK actually

Thank you,

I'm trying to set a med bag for a "raid -kill or capture - mission" , infil, raid, exfil, nothing too long. IMO there is two kind of injuries in such missions: minor injuries witch can be treat with personal ifak and of course bullets wound with possible casualties, so I imagine I need a lightweight med bag witch can hold everything to work on 1 or 2 cat A nothing more.. of course I'm maybe wrong as I'm not in the military business , I just figure that M9 type med bags will be just fine?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:41 am 
The New Guy

ideas on what you will be carrying specifically?
things like different models of BVM alone occupy different space (think of the new nar compact model against the old boxed resuscitator...).

it seems that for what you need you could find a more compact bag like the TSSI m4 (great bag)
or the london bridge combat patrol bag.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:07 am 
The New Guy

M9 would be fine, but I would not be afraid to go with even smaller bag for such a mission - tactical tailor first responder bag.
More so especialy if you are looking for the functionality instead of the looks. It can not hold as much as the M9 but you should allways carry just the stuff you know how to use anyway. In the end this seems just fine for me for simillar activities as you mentioned.
Advantage is that you will be able to have own backpack for personal stuff (e.g sleeping bag, food, etc.).

My TT-FR to complete the image how much will fit in (there is still room for more):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lslrzss6ty3j ... 2%2015.jpg

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:12 am 
Quite OK actually

Thank you for your opinions gentlemen.

What do I need? Good question, I'm trying to guess what I need to pack but as I'm not a navy corpsman nor even a military it's hard to tell...but I have some (limited) knoweldge.

On a "raid" mission, the most common thing that a medic will see is a wonded team mates by bullets or schrapnels in my opinion. As I said, personal medikit will work for the minor injuries, so if I'm working as a medic for a small team I have to grab the stuff to work on someone seriously injured, I think I have to grab enough stuff to keep the airway cleared and to stop the loss of blood, probably a balloon to push air into lungs (sorry I don't know how its called in english), a litter (probably foldable) and that's all.

I supposed it's a first response on the field as IV and monitoring will be done into the medevac helo, but maybe I'm wrong...

Maybe it's weird, but this is just a reflexion on what a sof medic could grab on a raid mission, and nothing more... in "real life" when I have to work with a medbag, it is twice the size of a tssI M9 and I have a lot of stuff into it, including perfs for IV etc etc, to treat any possible injuries... I'm just not seeing a SOF medic grab this ton of stuff...maybe in a vehicule but not on him. As you said, he had to be self suffisant on the field and maybe wear a personal bag for his own stuff + his casualty/first response bag.

I just don't have the "tactical" knowledge to awnser my own question myself, that's why I'm asking here, and it's really nice to have good awnsers , thank you guys :)

I'll probably choose a tssi M9 bag and a shorter and lightweight casualty/first response bag, that way I could switch between one or another depending on how many guys I have under my "watch" , for me, at this time, with your help, it make sense.

Offline Profile