First of all, welcome to GEARSOC. This forum is mostly aimed at tactical gear and accessories, but there is also a section for
good old fashioned bullshit. However, this forum is NOT about airsoft or your airsoft accessories.
We cannot stress this enough! There is plenty of other forums for airsoft and we encourage you to take those discussions there instead.
Second, there's a simple set of rules for this board, these rules will be updated and added to as we see fit. So check back
here on a regular basis. This is not rocket science people, we expect you to follow the rules and behave. If you fail to do
so, we will ban you without notice and you are no longer welcome. This is your first, last and only warning. §1
- Your first post better be in the introduction thread.§2
- Be civil and treat other as you would like them to treat you. Don't hide behind your computer screen.§3
- This is not a forum for politics, leave it at the door. §4
- There is a profile associated with your account here, make sure its properly filled out. §5
- Don't be a troll, we don't like banning people(no really, we don't) but we will if you fuck up. §6
- Keep the airsoft discussions somewhere else, we don't want any of it here. §7
- If an Administrator or Moderator decide to hammer down on you for violations of rules, don't argue about it. Take it like a man and move on. §8
- Don't argue about, or try to push your own interpretation of the rules. WE set the rules, YOU follow them. Period. §9
- Before you post something ask yourself the question "do this contribute to the thread, or am I just doing this cause I like to read what I write?". Don't be a post whore and don't spam threads with useless bullshit. §10
- Your avatar can be no bigger than 140x150 pixels. §11
- Your signature can be no longer than 2 rows and you are not allowed to change font size, nor may it contain pictures other than service banners. Service banners can only be used by (ex) military personnel. §12
- No tunnel-quoting, quoting of pictures or the post directly above yours.§13
- You may color your text when you are to emphasizing something. (only certain words and not the text as a whole.)§14
- Professional soldier, Collector, Airsofter or whatever. We want you all to feel equally welcome here. There will be no
personal attacks or bashing against any group of people. We are all here because we share at least one interest. Gear. §15
- We speak English here, nothing else. §16
- There is a sale board, use it at your own risk. GEARSOC does not assume responsibility for anything sold or listed there. §17
- Don't claim to be HSLD if you're not, don't wear shit you havent earned and don't claim to be something you are not. §18
- You are not allowed to make posts requesting help to export items from the US or any other country for that matter.§19A
- You are not allowed to post WTS/WTB/WTT outside of the black market. For information on how to obtain market access head over to the FAQ. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2§19B
- You need to have been a member for 5 month and have at least 50 productive posts to qualify for The Black Market. If you do not qualify, then do not apply. It takes up the mods/admins time and we like our time. Applicant who does not fullfill the required amount of posts and membership time will receive a warning.§20
- Make sure you do not violate PERSEC/OPSEC when posting. All images / urls depicting or containing un-edited names, faces, callsigns or nametags of MIL, LE or Govt. personell need to be edited and blurred out/blacked out. Also make sure to PERSEC and remove/XXXXXXXX in the captions for the images. This also goes for deceased servicemen and women. Tattoos should when visible be blurred/blacked out as they are about as unique as a face. The purpose of PERSEC is to render the face and any other unique parts un-identifiable by any third party seeking to positively ID the person pictured. §21
- Anyone who uses abload.de to post pictures will have his post removed. Read post removed, not just picture(s)! This is a measurement to protect our members from annoying spam. The rule will come into force as of this date (Sunday, January 15, 2012).
In addition to the above listed rules, we might very well post specific rule sets for different forums if we feel there is a need for it.
With all the unpleasant stuff out of the way, get out there and contribute, but keep the rules in the back of your head. There's no second chance.
If you're out, you're out.