It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Help with this plate carrier loadout?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:27 am 
The New Guy

I'm new here, and to the gear aspect of airsoft, sorry for noob mistakes, wrong section, terrible choice in gear. But I need help accessorizing my plate carrier coming in. It's a Crye JPC and I need help or suggestions deciding on what I should throw on it. Please make it somewhat not bank breaking. (I'm pretty poor right now, no consistent income for atleast 1-2 more years.)
I would appreciate changes or suggestions in different gear/placement on the carrier you would make greatly

JPC Loadout:

Front Panel (in addition to three integrated mag pouches)
-2 Single Crye M4 Pouches/Crye Double M4 Pouch-$? (if I can get my hands on some)
OR
-Blue Force Gear Ten Speed Double M4 Pouch- $39

-Tourniquet from BFG - $11
-Crye MBITR Radio Pouch- $26.90 (may have to substitute with single flashlight, or knife pouch)

Left side cummerbund (from wearing it perspective)
Blue Force Gear Ten Speed Ultralight Dump Pouch -$45
Blue Force Gear Small Utility Pouch (in front of dump pouch)- $45

Right side cummerbund
Crye Horizontal Single M4 Pouch (so I can reach with my left hand and take it out)- $23.70
Not sure what else to put.

Back Panel
LBT 6142A-$31.88

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Help with this plate carrier loadout?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:18 am 
The New Guy

I‘m also new here.And I also have a JPC
You do not need to look for any Crye M4 pouches....Those military customizations are extreamely rare,hard to find.
BFG ten speed is nice, but I prefer HSGI TACO. Because using ten speed pouch, once you put that mag out, it's hard to put it back in.
And as for that Tourniquet From BFG. That is just a strap, used for holding tourniquet. You still need to get a CAT. What I use is a MET from TQS.
I don't very like that MBITR pouch integrated in JPC.It's little bit uncomfortable since it points to your belly. I use a separate radio pouch from BFG, which is adjustable, good to use.

The rest loadout is good if you like.I have a LBT6142A on my back too :) it really fit JPC.
But why don't you get one with bladder? it dosent cost much, only 20 dollers more. Because I can't find the matching bladder,the 27oz from Source anywhere else. So unless you already have one, you'd better buy them together :)

I hope this may help you.This is my first post on GEARSOC lol

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:53 pm 
The New Guy

GARYPATAPON wrote:
I‘m also new here.And I also have a JPC
You do not need to look for any Crye M4 pouches....Those military customizations are extreamely rare,hard to find.
BFG ten speed is nice, but I prefer HSGI TACO. Because using ten speed pouch, once you put that mag out, it's hard to put it back in.
And as for that Tourniquet From BFG. That is just a strap, used for holding tourniquet. You still need to get a CAT. What I use is a MET from TQS.
I don't very like that MBITR pouch integrated in JPC.It's little bit uncomfortable since it points to your belly. I use a separate radio pouch from BFG, which is adjustable, good to use.

The rest loadout is good if you like.I have a LBT6142A on my back too :) it really fit JPC.
But why don't you get one with bladder? it dosent cost much, only 20 dollers more. Because I can't find the matching bladder,the 27oz from Source anywhere else. So unless you already have one, you'd better buy them together :)

I hope this may help you.This is my first post on GEARSOC lol

Alright, thanks. I may or may not keep the tourniquet, I'll also probably have to shell out for the bladder.
I probably won't use the MBITR anymore. Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:38 pm 
I can't work for assholes

The way I see it, you already know the basics of what you need from your previous experience, no matter what type of load bearing equipment you used.

If you need a bunch of ammo, get ammo pouches.
If you need a radio, get a radio pouch.
If you need grenades, get a grenade pouch.
If you need candybars, get an utility pouch.

If you just want to look cool while shooting selfies in the mirror, then look at a photo of what real users have on their gear, and just slap on some random pouches that are the same general size as what they have.

PALS/Molle isn't a contest to fill up every single slot. If you however fill every slot, it only means that you probably carry a bunch of gear that serves no purpose.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:15 pm 
The New Guy

essal wrote:
The way I see it, you already know the basics of what you need from your previous experience, no matter what type of load bearing equipment you used.

If you need a bunch of ammo, get ammo pouches.
If you need a radio, get a radio pouch.
If you need grenades, get a grenade pouch.
If you need candybars, get an utility pouch.

If you just want to look cool while shooting selfies in the mirror, then look at a photo of what real users have on their gear, and just slap on some random pouches that are the same general size as what they have.

PALS/Molle isn't a contest to fill up every single slot. If you however fill every slot, it only means that you probably carry a bunch of gear that serves no purpose.

True, true. Best to keep light and only carry what you need. I'll take that with me.

Offline Profile