It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Norwegian Armed Forces
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:46 pm 
Not completely useless

sigurdz wrote:
I've always had the impression KJK really wants to be more SOF than they are, this feels like more of the same. Might be wrong though.

KJK has never wanted to be "more SOF" than they are..
Its a unit that has more capacities regarding the skill-set and capacity of their personnel than any other "conventional" unit in the norwegian military.
The Unit itself is also a "special unit" due to the non-coventional tasks they are tasked with and trained to perform. They have also been/are being used as a SOF support unit due to certain unique capacities that the unit possesses that i won't go into here.

The unit is also much more secretive regarding their real capacities then other units and as a cause of that most people in the norwegian military does not have a single fucking clue regarding the dedication and aptitude of their personnel.
I have no idea why there seems to be a culture of wanting to "trash-talk" KJK as a unit, by other people in the nor military that has no clue about what that unit is really about..
Seems like a bad case of jealousy if you ask me..

And no, nobody there are feeling "happy with themselves" because they are allowed to wear multicam.
The reason for them adopting the uniform is that they are in the need of a crye combat uniform due to the extended amount of CQB tasks they perform.
they had the norcamo uniform issued but as this is not a uniform that is being produced for the nor military but rather was a limited run by NFM they obviously had issues resupplying the uniforms.
It was then decided that rather than ordering another color crye uniform separately for KJK they just fell under the mass purchase of multicam uniform dedicated for SOF personnel.
So no its not a fucking waste of money, it is money that would be/and has been spent for the same purpose now and in the past, its just that it seems easier for FLO or whatever to give them access to the uniform already purchased as the operators in KJK number FAR less than operators in both SOF units..

I guess i also don't need to remind anyone that KJK is the unit that has "sacrificed" most during norways deployment to afghanistan, the unit is one of the smallest operational units in norway but they have not only taken the most casualties in regard to deaths and wounded but they have also been involved in some of the most intense fighting norwegian soldiers have ever been in..

I think people that accuse KJK of being SOF wannabe or whatever should have some respect, and STFU

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:14 pm 
The New Guy

NORNAVSOC/MJK in Kabul the other day during the attack on the Spanish embassy. The two shorter guys are their Afghan interpreters, according to the newspaper this picture is from.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:27 pm 
Quite OK actually

MJK with the Dutch NLMARSOF during the Cold Response 2016

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:14 am 
I can't work for assholes

The suit is made by Typhoon International in case we didn't clear that up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:09 pm 
The New Guy

are you sure about that? i have it from a very good source I) that they are custom mustang survival surface suits

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:32 am 

Yes, 100%.
First-Spear posted the photos, when someone asked they said it was Typhoon Immersion suit, whom they happen to have a partnership with. And Equipnor is the agent for both of them...
https://www.typhoon-int.co.uk/

I'm pretty sure I was the first to say it was a Mustang product, but I was wrong. I'm pretty sure Mustang does make some of our pilot stuff, but not this suit. Design features on the suit doesn't match up with how Mustang does their stuff. And then there is this: http://soldiersystems.net/2015/09/15/dsei-typhoon/
This is the suit that the driver is wearing...

So yeah,I am sure. Next time- don't trust me as your source.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:59 pm 
The New Guy

although yes, you did say that, i have a source inside FS that has told me its a mustang survival suit. i wouldt trust you as a source even if you showed me the label.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:42 pm 

How about have your friend show us a photo then.. Why would they get a custom Typhoon suit for their drivers, but use a different company for their passengers?
I was at Mustang a year ago, and saw their latest suits- they had nothing that looked like this.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:18 pm 
The New Guy

i am willing to bet a fuck tonn of money he will not be able to do that, so no, i am not going to get you a picture.

edit: And he is not my friend, he is simply a person who works logistics for FS whom i know. I asked him who makes the RG drysuits with the pockets for kneepads and showed him a picture and he said that they are made by mustang survival, the first ones where bought in 2013 and others have followed. Thats all i know.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 1:55 am 

It wouldn't hurt to ask, but it's not a Mustang suit...

This is what the top of the line Mustang suit looked like from around the time when FS did their first public appearance in the Typhoon suit (late 14 or early 15, I forget): http://soldiersystems.net/2015/05/20/sofic-2015-mustang-survival/
Now it's a fucking baller ass suit. It's so incredible light (yes, I have finger fucked one of them) and it has a bunch of great features. I'm willing to bet that it's a technically more advanced suit than the Typhoon, but that doesn't make the suit we're discussing into a Mustang Survival suit.

Here is another reason why it's a Typhoon suit: A guy who was my 2IC for a bit who works for NFM/Equipnor, commented on the photo that First-Spear posted, saying that it's a Typhoon suit (and Magnum Spider boots if anyone was wondering).

You know what, I'll ask the R&D manager at Mustang if they made the suit, or anything like it, if I can find his card...

So yeah, I am 100% sure that it is a Typhoon Intl. suit, and 100% sure that it's not a Mustang Survival suit. Wanna go another round?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:27 am 
The New Guy

Looks like KJK is using the suit in question too
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF1thPuJ9lU ... kommandoen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:00 pm 
The New Guy

FSK, exercise Gemini 2016

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 282 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19