It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: US army
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:16 pm 
I can't work for assholes

Well, first of all, what I assume you are referring to is a Plate Carrier.
Nomenclature done with, a piece of military gear being brown does not in any way, shape or form mean that it has been issued or belongs to the USMC.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:35 pm 
I need to get out more

I would appear that the guy kneeling is from USSOCOM.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:30 pm 
Earning his keep

Now I might be wrong here, but when I zoomed in on that pic I noticed that the PC he's wearing looks like the Eagle ind. MMAC plate carrier and not the Eagle ind. USMC SPC plate carrier. What gives it away is where the shoulder straps loop through to attach the rear panel to the front panel. There should be buckles up in that spot for it to be a SPC and what's pictured looks like the MMAC layout

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:42 pm 
Earning his keep

Like the caption says they are combat cameramen and not normal grunts....

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:08 pm 
Quite OK actually

Breezey wrote:
Voxtel,

You are completely wrong.

Very possible. I've been wrong before. :wink:

AGR416 wrote:
I would appear that the guy kneeling is from USSOCOM.

Good guess. I had to PERSEC the captions out, but he is a member of the Combat Camera.

Pkekyo wrote:
a piece of military gear being brown does not in any way, shape or form mean that it has been issued or belongs to the USMC.

True, but it looks like SPC. I do not yet possess the forensic expertise that some of the guys do on this board to identify year, make, model and date of issue of some military equipment. I just assumed that since it's brown and looks like USMC plate carrier - it probably is one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:25 am 
Quite OK actually

Poor assumption. It's not an SPC, and just because it's brown doesn't mean it's Marine Corps issued. I kind of hope the comment about the lack of helmet covers was a joke, because if it wasn't, that mentality is exactly what is wrong with the conventional military.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:21 am 
Not completely useless

Some pictures of my cousin in the 25th Infantry in Iraq in 2006.

Attachments:
persec 4.jpg
persec 4.jpg [ 60.64 KiB | Viewed 2190 times ]
persec 2.jpg
persec 2.jpg [ 115.1 KiB | Viewed 2190 times ]
Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:25 am 
Not completely useless

and another two. He is the one on the far left.

Attachments:
persec 3.jpg
persec 3.jpg [ 99.06 KiB | Viewed 2189 times ]
persec 1.jpg
persec 1.jpg [ 133.64 KiB | Viewed 2190 times ]
Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:28 pm 
Quite OK actually

echothreesierra wrote:
I kind of hope the comment about the lack of helmet covers was a joke, because if it wasn't, that mentality is exactly what is wrong with the conventional military.

My guess is you haven't seen my helmet :wink:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:00 pm 
Quite OK actually

So whats this whole argument on the helmet cover or no helmet cover? I don't really understand the whole issue between them.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:52 pm 
Quite OK actually

My guess is you need to scan your fucking lane. Now post some photos of the US Army or GTFO.

InfectedTomato wrote:
So whats this whole argument on the helmet cover or no helmet cover? I don't really understand the whole issue between them.

Wasn't really an argument. I brought it up rather facetiously because helmet cover is widely regarded as one of the most useless pieces of equipment, but is typically religiously enforced in the conventional units. I just found it unexpected that a photo with a dude wearing a non-issue carrier and no helmet cover would make it on the front page of a local news paper. Shit like that won't happen in Paraglide if you know what I mean.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I do suggest the users of this thread read up on the rules.

The following paragraphs comes to mind
§2,
§12,
§14
and §17.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:16 pm 
Quite OK actually

Dude I seriously have no idea wtf you're talking about. What are you accusing me of lying about? If you have a correction to make - make it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:01 pm 
The New Guy

voxtel wrote:
This is the front page of an army installation news paper. Note that not only are we comfortable highlighting blatant violations of uniform (troop has a USMC plate bag and no helmet cover) but the gentleman is not alone. If you look closely at the top left of the photo there is another cat in prone with the exact same plate bag.
I find it rather amusing that Army is using (borrowing or straight up taking) USMC gear.

You have got to be the biggest POG I have ever seen. In my last company we got issued Coyote Tan BDS Plate Carriers, we were told not to buy ACU nor wear it. Because it's stupid and you wouldn't use it in combat. In my current unit we tell the joes (we also got issued alot of coyote tan stuff from tactical tailor ) to only buy Coyote Tan because of the mass uniform changes (BDU, DCU, ACU, CIDCU, OCP, COB [uniforms ive been issued]) And everyone has Tan pouches, kit and weapons. To make it funnier, half the TPE and RFI pouches you get are tan. It is not "Violations" in anyway. Interpret regulations how you will. Get your head out of your ass. Comments like that are what is making the army a fucking joke.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 am 
Quite OK actually

matticus wrote:
You have got to be the biggest POG I have ever seen. In my last company we got issued Coyote Tan BDS Plate Carriers, we were told not to buy ACU nor wear it. Because it's stupid and you wouldn't use it in combat. In my current unit we tell the joes (we also got issued alot of coyote tan stuff from tactical tailor ) to only buy Coyote Tan because of the mass uniform changes (BDU, DCU, ACU, CIDCU, OCP, COB [uniforms ive been issued]) And everyone has Tan pouches, kit and weapons. To make it funnier, half the TPE and RFI pouches you get are tan. It is not "Violations" in anyway. Interpret regulations how you will. Get your head out of your ass. Comments like that are what is making the army a fucking joke.

Are you not fucking connecting with the sentiment? I just said I don't give a shit about SOPs or regs regarding tactical setups. I highlighted the photo because it is unusual for a POG unit such as 55th Signal (which is a POG unit) to get coyote gear. Further more, my comment's purpose was in fact to highlight the growing acceptance of unusual gear, since the shit made front page.

Just for you bro, I'll wear as much tan kit as possible next range or FTX, so I can un-ruin the Army.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next