It is currently Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Chinese SOF
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:04 pm 
Part of the furniture

AGR416 nailed it.
Don't look down on those guys because they are using fuckin, possibly cheapo, knock offs.
With proper training they can individualy be as deadly as most of western soldiers or SOF guys for that matter.

The emphasis here is individualy though. There's obviously a lot more to tactics, let alone strategy, than personnal nylon gear, but those guys are fast learners.
I believe they actually ended first in that jordanian competition, which speaks volumes about their current learning/training curve.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:47 am 
Quite OK actually

"Amateurs study tactics, professionals study logistics." - Omar Bradley.

2. You cannot change rule #1.
3. Someone has to walk the point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:50 pm 
I can't work for assholes

Noone here are doubting their skill - or claiming that there is necessarily a correlation between equipment and skill.
Their skill does not negate, however, how worrying it is if someone are issued replica protective equipment such as ABS plastic "ballistic" helmets and hearing protection.

That said, if the set of photos are from a movie set, then this point is moot, and they certainly do not belong in this thread.
Oh, and you may have noticed that's the set of photos people reacted to, and noone are knocking the set from the Jordanian SOF games.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:58 pm 
I need to get out more

My point is that some of you guys comment without really having a clue.

And if noone here is claiming that there is no correlation between gear and skill, how come so many emulate SOF with their "set-ups"?

It is quite easy; having the same gear as what the SOF guys use translates to "skilled by proxy", in some peoples' minds.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:42 pm 
Part of the furniture

@pkekyo: I beg to differ when you say noone. A good portion of the 1st page answers are hinting to that mindset. Anyway my comments were not directed at you and as you said, coming from movie production shots, that particular point is moot.
Nevertheless, having seen many special units (asian particularly, but also african) supplied with airsoft grade equipment (good or bad), I don't find that situation worrying for those soldiers. Heck, most of them would have been fighting in flip flops and surplus bdus 10 years ago.
I'm more worried about the fact that they are more and more willing to work their way up to western standards when it comes to soldiering. They would still be far from it in many aspects, but gearwise, they are getting closer, and to me it's a clear indicator that they are willing to commit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:02 am 
Earning his keep

Pretty sure I'm over reacting to a comment not even directed to me. But anyways... I)

I don't think good gear = good skill either. I don't doubt the Korean UDT/SEALs in their performance and skills. They were the ones who successfully raided the pirates in the Gulf of Aden and saved our prisoners, and they would've still done the same with replica gear or not. Probably as Jack said, even with flip flops if necessary.

The only problem I think is that as the one of the most elite groups in the country's military, I just think they deserve better and more reliable gear to rely their lives on. I mean, isn't that what all good gear is about? Not wanting your plate carrier ripping off in the middle of a operation and and not wanting your helmet getting penetrated worthlessly because it's not military grade shit?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:36 am 
The New Guy

This is one chinese movie named "Soldiers of Special Force". It has three season. In the first season, the uniforms used are real Chinese SOF approved. In the second season, there just appears some repro uniforms of mulitcam. But in the third which is being played in many chinese TV station appears all of AOR1 and aor2, MBAV, 6094, even FAST helmet and comtac not any one belong to gears are chinese SOF approved.

I had watched just the first season is best, the second season at least I can accept, But the third season is bullshit, I have never watch it. The soldiers in the movie is not chinese, they are look like USA SF. I don't know why director will make this third season. I just know he is fuckin provoking us. :evil: :evil:

I upload some real Chinese SF images:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:33 pm 
The New Guy

i'm pretty sure that's some chinese made fucked-up replica gear. nothing is real deal.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:12 pm 
Part of the furniture

Most Geardos have better Gear :/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:34 pm 

You guys are hung up on the gear. Gear doesn't make the soldier. Mindset and training make the warrior. Gear is just window dressing.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:26 am 

Well, the reason for that is that the original post(s) are chuck full of photos from a feature film that has nothing to do with what's actually in use by Chinese forces.

To be honest, the thread should be edited to leave those out so focus shifts to the actual photos of Chinese SOF that have been posted in the latter half of the thread.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:18 am 
Quite OK actually

pkm200901 wrote:
You guys are hung up on the gear. Gear doesn't make the soldier. Mindset and training make the warrior. Gear is just window dressing.

I think you're forgetting the first rule of anything tactical. Look cool. Skillset is secondary.

2. You cannot change rule #1.
3. Someone has to walk the point.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:21 pm 
The New Guy

it is a ridiculous TV drama and the name is "I am the SOF",it has 3 seasons and I did not see any of them after I saw the preview
none of the actors has the military training even shoot one single bullet,comparing to the Strike,the drama had been jeered a lot.
and all the gears are Airsoft replica,and the guns are airsoft guns,the BDUs,PACKS,Helmets,Vests are all made in China,and the most famous brand in the drama is BHI

some script is much more ridiculous than the gears,such as
"he is the No. 1 sniper and he can kill the enemy by just 1 shot even 150 miles away"
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:31 pm 
The New Guy

You can see this forum from China? All of my friends in China, I have to upload everything to QQ or Baidu for them to see. I gave up trying to post links a long time ago. :lol:

Quote:
all the gears are Airsoft replica

Are you sure the guns aren't just TV props? I haven't seen a QBZ-95 in a long time. Or an AN91 for that matter. Yea, but that first pic is an Emerson ATACS for sure, I've never seen it worn by a regular unit.

[quote]In mainland China you are not allowed to posses airsoft replicas. [/qutoe]

I don't know, I think that may have changed. Or at least it's different for one of the autonomous regions. I seem to recall seeing footage of Chinese airsoft games on youtube. And I'm sure it wasn't Japan, Korea ect.

Offline Profile