It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:29 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Precision Rifle Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:37 am 
Not completely useless

I do agree with certain double standards in this forum , the admins seem to be extremely concerned About firearm threads, one of mine was closed ,the reason and I quote "this forum is not about fantasy "even though it had nothing to do with fantasy, never got the chance to debate it ! Yet I cannot count how many threads I have seen about civis dressed as marines, seals, recon.....etc getting praised by admins of how great they look pretending to be somebody else.

I personally have no problem with acting or pretending or whatever it is they do, I say as long as your having fun god bless. I do not agree with the disrespectful remarks made on the previous message but I do agree with the point he was tryin to make.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:51 am 
I need to get out more

If you want to adress an issue, it is not conducive to being taken seriously when you mouth off to the admin and moderators and say that they have issues and small dicks. No matter how valid the issue you are bringing up may be.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:45 am 

jsummers, your post says more about you than about me, or the size of my organ. Did you ever tried to use the "Report this post" button, or toke the time to pm me or any of the moderators and/or administrators? No you rather voice your mischief about practices here in a rather immature way. I suggest you grow up, and then try to discuss thinks you dislike one a more mature way.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:46 am 
Quite OK actually

Hey I pm'ed a mod and he simply said 'pass it on to Simpen' (which I didn't, oops!). So I'd suggest if anyone has problems to go straight to him? Note: Question Mark... As other mods seem to not know what to do with some information, especially when pertaining to fellow administrators/mods you can't PM or on calls mods made they don't know about, rules and internal forum issue politics etc (gay but true). But then you're leaving it to one person, who you may not agree with--and then it's a dictatorship, I own all the shizz arguement which leads to ragequit forums, delete account :roll: .

8) Unfortunately you find it on a few too many forums though mate. +1 for speaking up, everyone's entitled, but -1 for it put in the wrong place. :lol: (To both jsummers and Snakedoc). The only thing that I would add from past experience, and being a mod on other forums myself is expect a bit of cocky backlash, you're talking about totally different cultures and personalities which class (my personal experience is with eurofag/cocky attitude), ways of dealing with 'problems', and some mods think too much of themself and do not word things in a fashion appropriate to our perception as users. For example fatasy to one mod may mean pictures of cool gear to another... :) Closing it by saying X may mean "Fuck you stupid asshole, thread closed" to our perception.

Fortunately on forums I mod, I'm very diplomatic... doesn't help with an Aussie laid back attitude hahaha. 8) You get mods explain an infarction or punishment without a reason--or an explaination, or at least a why (in a nice manner), simply put... it solves a lot of issues; both in your face issues and in the background issues. :wink:

And by the way
@FISH
Used rifles. Cheap and you can find really good ones. For example: http://www.usedguns.com.au/used_rifles_7mm.html. Some people buy them and shoot a few rounds, hardly ever used. It's the way to go! Scopes, everything. Sure you could knock them down too! :twisted:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I think I need to pitch in here. If anyone have suggestions, issues or ideas I am all ears and I always try to respond in a non agressive way(although I know of a few instances where I may have acted out a little but hey, I'm only human just like you guys). Acting out in a thread may feel like a good option in the heat of the battle while in reality you will only risk getting in to a flame war or heated argument with other users and what may have been a legit issue at the beginning gets lost due to poor signal to noise ratio in the debate.

I wish that if people have issues you come to me directly in a private message and voice your mind, but please, offer up a suggested solution to your problem as well.Every member has the choice to be either part of the problem or part of the solution. If a member of the crew feels uncertain answering certain questions, or simply forwards you to me it is because they believe I may be able to offer you a better answer to your questions as there is actually different areas of responsibilities for moderators and administrators.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:56 am 
Quite OK actually

Excellent reply mate. And yes you are human, all in all us users have to remember that too. It ain't easy. :) Good stuff.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:09 am 
Administrator
Administrator

lol, another testament to me just being human - trying to send a PM to snakedoc when I was just writing it in the thread... reply deleted and sent as a PM instead :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:53 pm 
The New Guy

My Remington 700 Stainless engraved short action, caliber 260 REM.
Heavy Lothar Walther barrel
4 round detachable magazine
Mcmillan M40A1 marble swirl stock
Jewell trigger
PRI 20 MOA rail with forward eye relief
Badger Ordnance USMC 34mm scope rings
Schmidt & Bender PMII 4-16x50 MILDOT reticle

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:13 pm 
Part of the furniture

Very nice rig!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:18 pm 
Not completely useless

Remington 700 LTR, S&B 3-12x50PMII.

@ parnell
I sold the gun a couple of years ago but I still have the base (30moa BO) and rings lying around here somewhere. If you would like, you can borrow them to test your new scope.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 pm 
I can't work for assholes

Ah, that's really nice of you! I'm a bit ambivalent though, if I should go with 20MOA or even zero cant? Primarily I'll be using it for hunting and I guess the distances we're talking about then is 50-200m depending on what you're shooting. I'd also like to do some 300m shooting, since I dont think there are any ranges with further distance around here?

I'm somewhat an rookie when it comes to this kind of shooting and the terminology. I've only been using AR's the last 20 years :mrgreen:

So, what's best for me? :oops: Badger would probably be my choice for the base and probably the rings as well. LaRue would be great, but I'm not sure it is possible to get over here in Europe/Sweden (without getting ruined that is)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 pm 
Earning his keep

i wish i had money for a GAP rifle :cry:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:24 pm 
Part of the furniture

Parnell, it depends partially on the scope you plan to use and how much internal elevation is available in it. It also depends on the ballistic performance of your caliber choice. The short answer is you can likely get away with a zero cant base, but I typically recommend a 20MOA. I hope that helps.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 pm 
I can't work for assholes

Oh sorry, my bad. The rifle is an Remington 700P LTR .308 and the scope Schmidt & Bender PMII 3-12X50. So a similar setup as on Yoman's picture.

So maybe 20MOA would be the best thing for me then ? :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:35 pm 
Not completely useless

You'll need 30moa to utilize the full range on a S&B 3-12 Double turn scope, but you'll do fine with a 20moa base on your single turn. Whichever will work with your scope. (I would steer away from the zero base though)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next