It is currently Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:55 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Paternity of this modular assault pack (MAP) ??
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 pm 
The New Guy

Guys
I figured I'd ask here as you probably know best. I won a MAP on the bay to help finish up an mjk MAR CIRAS build. It was advertised as Eagle Industries in Khaki but I'm doubting that its parentage is either Eagle or allied ind. (I could be dead wrong...)
Upon closer inspection I notice it looks a whole lot more coyote than mjk and also it has a black zipper on each pouch.
Being that it has no identifying tags it's possibly sterile unless they are inside the pack which I have seen before.
It does have a couple of attributes that would make you think it was allied industries but again the black zipper throws me off and the coloration of the little hydration tube ports.

I know older Eagle kit had a lot of black zippers (& they are currently highly desirable) such as the Med pouches, GP pouches & so on but I can't ever recall seeing a black zipper on a map....

I won it at a hundred bucks and I'll be happy if it does turn out to be eagle or allied or even tag or DBT for that matter but I do not want a Clone...

I should receive it around Wednesday and I'll get pictures myself and examine it

What are your opinions guys??

Here are the shots he provided

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Paternity of this modular assault pack (MAP) ??
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:58 am 
Quite OK actually

Those were actually made by BAE systems, the giveaway is the zipper pull-tabs. Trust me, I've seen/had several of them. They are decent and were issued in limited numbers to some units, but they are not as collectible as the EI stuff and even though they had black zippers they aren't from the early 2000s

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Paternity of this modular assault pack (MAP) ??
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:08 am 
The New Guy

saxecoburg wrote:
Those were actually made by BAE systems, the giveaway is the zipper pull-tabs. Trust me, I've seen/had several of them. They are decent and were issued in limited numbers to some units, but they are not as collectible as the EI stuff and even though they had black zippers they aren't from the early 2000s

BAE never even crossed my mind, but that makes perfect sense.
Thanks Very much ;)

Offline Profile