It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 9:18 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Therm A Rest NeoAir Trekker Air Mattress
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:22 am 
Earning his keep

Therm A Rest NeoAir Trekker Air Mattress

First off, fuck this thing! I paid $129 for it at Cabela's, and brought it to the field to give it a test, and the cocksucker starts blowing its seals at night so now it's a bloody balloon at one end and flat the rest.

But I digress. Like I said, I paid about $129 for the pad at Cabela's, and really, it's a decent price for a pad that's long enough for me (I'm 6'7"). Took it home, inflated it to take a look, and it really looked nice. The entire length was divided into lateral cells to keep the air evenly distributed. The nozzle sealed properly so I'd only lose a little air over night. On top of that, it rolls up into a nice little ball the size of a Nalgene bottle. All in all, I'm satisfied.

So I deploy now for a two week exercise, all stoked to try out my new pad that actually fits, and the first night goes fine. I slept great. The second though, I get woken up by this loud banging. My first thought is contact so I start putting my boots and jacket on, only to stop and listen...nothing. Back to bed and half an hour later, same thing. This time though my head is moving, because some how, my 200lb. body weight is enough to break the seals on the inside of the mat, and my head-end is now slowly turning into a balloon.

Well shit, looks like I'm off to Cabela's next week now...

I'll take pictures when I get home.

Offline Profile