I'm trying to rewire an EF Johnson (Thales/Otto... same shit) handmic, originally with an HT1000 connector, to a Kenwood 2-pin.
It is working (can transmit and output sound on both the speaker and earbud), however the output sound is very faint.
I have two hypothesis:
- The volume control is damaged and stuck on low; or
- I have screwed up wiring somehow. I do have a remaining wire about which I'm clueless...
- The remaining wire is blue. It doesn't seem to have any terminal on the Jedi connector.
- There are two speaker wires running from the handmic. I have tried to hook them at the same time (no sound at all) or one at a time (identically faint).
- I have another military handmic (original U329 connector) hooked up to the radio with a U283-to-Kenwood adapter that works perfectly, volume and all.