It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: SAPI Cut ballistic plates Europe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:36 pm 
Not completely useless

Im looking for some ballistic plates in the SAPI cut.
I know several vendors selling plates here in europe but they all only have the 10x12 cut.
Does anyone know of anyone having the american SAPI cut in stock or maybe someone who has surplus SAPI cut plates in stock?

Thank you..

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: SAPI Cut ballistic plates Europe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:18 am 
The New Guy

I was in the same seat as you a couple of months ago. I emailed basically every single shop and manufacturer I could find. This is what I came up with.

There are 4 high profile European/Almost European manufacturers whom openly produce SAPI cut plates. Rabintex (Israel), Mehler Vario Systems (German), NFM Group (Norwegian/Polish/whatever) and TenCate.

According to the morons over at BestProtection, Mehler Vario Systems does not sell SAPI cut plates to non-military/LE, because "it's just not possible". Even though they sell Level 4 plates of other shapes to basically anyone....sigh.

NFM Group also only sells to Military/LE.

I have not checked with Rabintex yet, and I don't plan to.

And now to TenCate. TenCate has no issues with selling SAPI cut plates to non-military/LE, however, they do not sell to individuals. And pretty much every supplier of TenCate plates ONLY sell plates to Non-Mil/LE personel. All but one, Varuste.net (Finland). I emailed back and forth for months, and eventually got them to sell Level 4 SAPI cut TenCate plates. But they did so at the outrageous price of ~1000€ PER PLATE.
They have since removed the SAPI cut plates from their website. But they do still sell SAPI cut soft armor. I just combine the SAPI Cut soft armor with regular 10x12, and it works fairly well.

If more people were to put pressure on the different manufacturers to produce SAPI cut plates, something might happen. But they do not seem to be the brightest of minds. Basically every single modern plate carrier is designed to carry SAPI Cut plates, yet the ******* morons who produce the plates refuse to simply change the cut of the plate, probably losing potentional sales as a result.

You can also check German Ebay from time to time, but any plates who show up there will to 95% be stolen.

Sorry for the long text, but I felt it to be necessary.

Cheers.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:19 pm 
Quite OK actually

Are these any good?

"Can be used in Warriors RICAS Compact, Raptor, DCS and RPC or any other manufactures carriers that accommodate large plates."

http://www.uktactical.com/p-9909-nexus- ... trear.aspx

http://britishtactical.com/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:46 pm 
The New Guy

They are not SAPI Cut, so they will not sit properly in SAPI cut platebags. In large SAPI platebags, they will leave a gap at the top of the platebag, which of course can effect other things.

SAPI cut or Swimmer cut. Everything else is crap. (Yes, I'm a perfectionist) If it says 10x12, it will most likely have a crap shape.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:05 pm 
The New Guy

Find anything here to your liking?

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/group/ar ... nserts/753

Offline Profile